|June 8, 2006
|June 17, 2006
- Added the history page
- Added a raytraced image of the camera
|August 7, 2006
|Septembre 4, 2006
- Added more information about weapons
- Fixed the width of most tables to occupy as much space as possible.
- Specifies that the radar optic can also be useful on land.
- In How to start a game, warn to never touch the water outside the base.
- Added encounters found outside the base.
- Fixed the link to the Wikipedia entry of Antony Crother.
- Fixed the link to the Wikipedia entry of Captive.
|September 23, 2006
I received an e-mail from another Captive fan, MichaŽl Ch‚teauneuf. He claims to have reached level 32 and knows
a lot about the game. These modifications are all credited to him. Thanks MichaŽl!
- Swapped definition of "Left" and "Right" mouse buttons in Hands section.
- Indicate that skills cannot be higher than 253.
- Added the T-Rex encounter that can only be found outside the base.
- Changed the definition of "Basic"/"Super" in weapons section
- No longer says that "missing" solutions are bugs in FAQ. New info suggests otherwise and needs to be proven. Also added MichaŽl's comment regarding maze generation.
- Added droid names "Lambkin" and "Jonathan" for maximum initial skills in Tips and Tricks.
- Changed "Skipping a level" to "Carrying more than a single probe" in Tips and Tricks since skipping a level is quite useless.
- Noted that door codes in Miscellaneous may not work on the PC version of Captive.
- The little white robots were categorized as shooters. They don't shoot.
- Added mapper optics legend when used outside the base.
- Added the extra information regarding the visor optic (prevents blindness from fire) .
- Removed part of the hand (mouse cursor) in "Imaginary Friend" and "Encounters in solid rock" screenshots.
- Added Michaël's explanation of "Encounters in solid rock" flaw.
- Added Michaël's theory of the "Link Broken" screen.
- Categorized another dwarf encounter has being the least dangerous.
- Specified that the fireballs of the "TV" encounters go through doors.
- Added more items in the Items section (clipboards and map)
- Added a new Tools section to offer the new "Map generator" and existing "Lock Decoder" utilities.
|October 15, 2006
- Added more information about the "Root Finder" optic ("Up"/"Down" directions)
- Added a quote from Antony Crowther regarding the "Link Broken" screen.
- Added a quote from Antony Crowther regarding the "Imaginary Friend" screen.
- Specifies that the "Map Generator" tool was written by Anthony Taglioni.
- Added a link to an Antony Taglioni interview.
- Removed the mouse cursor from the screenshot of the "Map generator" tool.
- Added the link "Antony Crowther's review of Dungeon Master"
- Added the mapper legend icon for "Grate". Also darken the background of the icons to lower down the contrast.
- Added that the Fire-Axe weapon can hit 2 tiles away. Thanks to Pascal for this tip!
- Gave credit to Laurent de Soras for the basic source code of the lock decoder tool.
|October 25, 2006
- Removed incomplete information from header of encounter page.
|November 5, 2006
- Specifies the maximum amount of experience point that can be gained before being distributed.
- Added link to complete step by step mission guide in game start page.
- Added the list of syllables used to create clipboard passwords on the miscellaneous page.
- Redid the encounters page.
- Thanks to Cédric Avril, we have more info regarding the labyrinth generation problem mentionned in the FAQ section.
- New Storyboard section that explains the story of Captive according to the introduction of the PC version.
- Edited the screenshot of the monitors to remove the part of the main screen.
- Added the funny note of droid parts name when they have nothing.
- Changed the color of all bold text to make them stand out more.
- Changed still pictures of Dev-Scapes and Optics to animated GIFs.
|December 10, 2006
- Fixed some encounters information (thanks Michaël!)
- Made a small corrections on password syllables on the miscellaneous page.
- Added the original Captive demo for the Atari ST in the FAQ section
- Improved the walls of the raytraced camera.
- Specifies that power is lost only while leader is looking at the main view in droid status section.
- Added SuperCC in the list of tools